Our Law Firm draws on experience and is driven by quality when pursuing the objectives of ensuring the excellence of the support provided to our Clients and the professional growth of all of its members, while strictly abiding by professional ethics and standards.
We thought it would be a good idea to apply these principles in an innovative manner and so we decided to measure our organisational structure using the international technical standard most widely recognised worldwide, i.e. UNI EN ISO 9001:2015.
This process required over a year’s work, involved all the members and staff at our Law Firm and revealed the heightened commitment of our younger staff members to the importance of sustainability.
This is what spurred us to also check the compatibility of our organisation with the standard UNI EN ISO 14001:2015 for environmental management systems and put in place a number of measures aimed at reducing as far possible the impact of our activities on the environment.
We stopped using plastic bottles and cups and replaced them with purified water and glass or paper cups; we switched our electricity supplier to another supplier generating electricity exclusively from renewable sources; a decision was taken to only use recycled paper not treated with harmful chemical substances together with the policy of restricting the use of printers.
In August 2020, following the completion of the required internal and external audits, we submitted our ISO Integrated Management System for evaluation by an accredited third-party body, obtaining both the certification UNI EN ISO 9001:2015 and – one of the first, if not the very first law firm in Italy – certification for the environmental management system UNI EN ISO 14001:2015.
We are immensely proud of this achievement and are all committed to implementing our Integrated System of Environmental Quality Management, because we are convinced that nowadays, only a methodical and, as the certification implies, systematic approach can raise the profile of increasingly complex organisations such as law firms.
The journey undertaken by us has drawn us closer to our entrepreneurial Clients, enabling us to provide our consultancy services in the areas of risk assessment and risk management, which are key when it comes to assessing the suitability of any organisational structure and, moreover, guaranteeing entrepreneurial success.
The Integrated Management System at our law firm is based on a medium- to long-term planning strategy and governs all operational aspects:
- quality and sustainability goals and policy;
- system of powers, delegated powers and control;
- workflows, from the receipt of an assignment to its definition;
- rules for using and updating our IT system;
- selection of human resources, incorporation into Law Firm and evaluation;
- professional refreshers for human resources, defined in the annual training plan;
- planning and provision of legal services;
- application of provisions governing sector (in particular, provisions on privacy, anti-money laundering and workplace safety);
- careful management of correspondence and communication flows inside the Law Firm and between the Law Firm and the outside world;
- efficient management and assessment of our network of external partners and significant suppliers;
- raising of awareness internally with regard to the management and assessment of the environmental impact of our activities;
- system of periodic internal and external audits;
- future prospects of the Integrated Management System, with ongoing improvements over time.
A team providing support to the Head of the Quality and Environmental Management System is responsible for managing all the functional levels of the Law Firm involved in the implementation of and interaction between the main processes.
UNI EN ISO 14001:2015
UNI EN ISO 9001:2008